California Scholarship Federation
The California Scholarship Federation (CSF) emphasizes high standards of scholarship and community service for California high school students.
Founded in 1921, the California Scholarship Federation is the oldest scholarship institution in the state of California.
Shriner's Hospital - Gift Wrapping for Children 2011
Christmas Caroling & Coat Drive
- Become eligible for prestigious scholarships
- Meet and interact with students of all grade levels
- Become an active part of the Foothill community
- Engage in a number of service programs
What sets CSF apart from other organizations?
CSF is nationally recognized as an academic honor society which meets rigorous requirements. Founded in 1916, CSF continues to inspire greatness and honor outstanding high school students for their accomplishments
Thoughts & Opinions
- Yekaterina Velichko (President), Grade 12
Since 9th grade, I have been involved in serving the community through CSF. Knowing we are able to help others is a reward itself. With CSF, we are able to win the Seymour Scholarship, which gives us $2,500 for college. This is a great club overall that wants to reward us for doing great deeds. "Scholarship for Service" is the motto we represent.
- Aaron Stroh (Vice-President), Grade 12
CSF is very dedicated to helping people on their path to college. It gives members extracurricular activities to put on college resumes. I think it is beneficial for everyone enrolled in the club to provide community service because this proves members make constructive use of their time outside school. To accomplish this end, members host tutoring sessions after school. I, for one, am glad to help others in their academic subjects because the more students learn in high school, the more prepared they will be for the high expectation of college.
- Aileen Chhen (Treasurer), Grade 12
My experiences in CSF have given me the opportunity to serve and interact with the community I live in. My favorite service event was visiting Shriner's Hospital for Children and wrapping Christmas presents and stuffed toys for the children staying at the hospital. When I see smiles on the faces of those I am privileged to have served, I know my experiences and contributions have been meaningful. I highly encourage every student to be an active part of this organization.
- Mariah Arizmendi (Member), Grade 11
CSF is a fun club that helps you reach success in a positive environment. I'm glad I joined!
Service Opportunity-Sac Animal Shelter
Interested students must submit an application to volunteer as well as complete an orientation. Please access the attached link for more information!
Service Opportunity-The Mustard Seed School
This is a school for homeless children, a great way to get involved on the behalf of really deserving children.
Check out the information below and log on to the link above to get started!
We welcome and encourage volunteers into many aspects of school life. Here are just a few ideas. What are your passions? Contact us at email@example.com.
- Help us reach out to families who might not consider private schooling because of financial limitations.
- Develop relationships with corporations and foundations as we seek grants and sponsorships.
- Share one of your talents with students. Are you an artist? A computer expert?
- Help us prepare for one of our many celebrations and/or assist with birthday books.
- Chaperone or drive for a field trip.